Regardless of how good a tradesman or professional may be in their industry of choice, not being aware of legal issues involved in purchasing or selling a business can lead to not only stress, but also financial and legal problems.
We can assist with all aspects of purchasing and selling a business, including:
• Structure of ownership
• Contract management, including:
– drafting and reviewing contracts
– drafting and reviewing non-disclosure and confidentiality agreements
– determining trade restrictions, and
– determining sale elements of the business (such as consideration of business names, business goodwill, business premises (whether leased or owned), plant, equipment and fixed assets, stock, permits, licences, supply records and agreements, and intellectual property).
We work closely with your accountant to ensure you are looked after in a holistic, comprehensive and efficient manner